Fitness is about so much more than exercise. It’s a Catalyst for Positive Change, and It affects every aspect of your Life.
A personalized workout should focus on areas that you’d like to work on. You can make it yours and perhaps focus on cardio or one particular muscle group. You can change up the timing and do a longer workout or a quick high impact workout if you have a very busy schedule. Above all, do what works for you. Here is a list of six exercise groups to help get you started. I recommend picking from at least two groups for each routine to make sure you are challenging your body! Take a look at my Fit Tips Workout Video playlist on YouTube for instructions on how to do these moves correctly.
- Core exercises: Plank, crunches, bicycle abs
- Leg moves: Lunges, side leg lifts, calf raises
- Glutes: Squats, jumping squats, bridge lifts
- Upper body moves: Push- ups, tricep dips, crab walks
- Total body moves: Mountain climbers, burpees, bear crawl
- Cardio: Jump rope, ice skaters, high knee run
My Ultimate Workout Routine
Here’s a sample workout I made for myself when I wanted to push myself while working my core and my glutes. I chose a circuit style routine because I love to challenge my mind and at the same time I’m pushing my body. This routine is based on HIIT, which helps your body work harder while incorporating recovery time into the actual workout.
- Total workout time: 30 minutes
- Focus Area: Glutes and core
- Divide Time: 30/3 = 10 minutes per circuit
- Exercise selection: Jump rope, squats, V sit-ups, plank, bridge lifts
- Exercise Timing: 60 seconds per move, and 60 seconds active rest with intensity level of 6/10 (active rest is marching)
This is a personalized workout that I created to meet my needs on a particular day. Of course, you can try my workout. I found it fun and challenging, plus I had to concentrate on timing which kept me focused throughout. But I want to show you how to create your own ultimate workout, too, because a workout that’s perfect for me may not be perfect for you.